Now that I had found an apron template and got the fabric, it was time to start the hands on part of this project! First, I printed the templates out for the top portion of the apron and the skirt portion. They included an overall image of one sheet of how the template should look, followed by enlarged portions which required me to cut them out and tape them together in order to create the full size template. After I had taped the template pieces together, I ironed my fabric. And then the stenciling began! After I stenciled the templates onto the skirt and top portion, I cut the pieces from the fabric. The last part I had to do was cut the pieces for the straps and ties. Those measurements were straight from the blog as well, so I used a tape measurer (not the best device to use), stenciled and cut out my strap pieces. I officially have all of my pieces for my apron cut out now.
Ironing and Cutting the Fabric
All the pieces of the apron to sew.
The next step will be to actually sew! Next week you'll see the beginnings of the sewing portion.